What is UDID and why we need this?
All iOS devices has a unique UDID(Unique Device Identifier) to make the device unique itself. The UDID(Unique Device Identifier) is basically the 40 digit serial number to differentiate it from another device of the same make or model. In simpler words, it is the unique fingerprint of your device. It is made up of numbers and letters in a sequence that is difficult to guess. The UDID(Unique Device Identifier) helps the Apple servers to identify your device for various purposes.
How to Find UDID Number locked iPhone?
Nothing could be simpler, just plug your iPhone with a USB cable into your PC and follow these instructions:
- Right click My computer > Properties > Select Device Manager
- In the bottom you will see “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”
- Select Apple Mobile Device USB Driver , right click over it and select Properties
- Here you will have to go to Details tab and then Device Instance Path
- The 40 characters after the last “\” is your device identifier or UDID(Unique Device Identifier) number
There are other methods to Find UDID Number locked iPhone , this method is more popular as it is easier & quicker to find to check UDID(Unique Device Identifier) of Activation locked iPhones.
There are many apps in the App Store that promise to give you the UDID. Don’t believe that. Yes, in the past this was possible, however Apple has removed that ability, probably as some app creators misused that and tracked what you were doing (a UDID is a unique number that you can identify).This is one of the easiest ways to get UDID from your iOS device.If you know other methods please share with us.